Common Core, Bilingual and English Language Learners: A Resource for Educators
Paperback: 320 pages
Published: June, 2015
Common Core, Bilingual and English Language Learners is for pre-service and practicing administrators, teachers, staff developers, instructional coaches, leadership teams, and policymakers who are working to implement college- and career-ready standards equitably in contexts of linguistic and cultural diversity.
Valdés, Menken, and Castro, along with 130 experts, provide brief, pedagogically sound, practical answers to 95 questions that educators are asking about CCSS and English language learners (ELLs)/ emergent bilinguals (EBs). Educators can...
- Turn to this guide as a quick reference
- Use expert responses for syntheses of critical issues facing educators today, with suggestions for concrete action steps
- Focus and sustain professional learning about content, language, and literacy instruction for bilingual and English language learners
- Guide site-based projects on curriculum development, language policy and planning, and authentic assessment and accountability systems for diverse learners
- Turn to additional resources on the Caslon Community to support their work.
Be sure to go to the table of contents to see the list of questions and experts - it's a veritable who's who in the field!
Caslon also offers a book study guide with a purchase of 10 or more copies of this title (with meetings based on each book chapter). Click here to see a sample meeting from this guide. The guide supports teachers’, coaches’, and administrators’ professional learning so that they can promote equity and excellence for the bilingual and English learners in their districts, schools, and classes. Professors can also use these guides to help students clearly articulate goals and objectives and design culminating projects that provide evidence of their learning.