Common Core, Bilingual and English Language Learners: A Resource for Educators
Paperback: 320 pages
Published: June, 2015
Common Core, Bilingual and English Language Learners is for pre-service and practicing administrators, teachers, staff developers, instructional coaches, leadership teams, and policymakers who are working to implement college-and career-ready standards equitably in contexts of linguistic and cultural diversity.
Valdés, Menken, and Castro, with 130 experts, provide brief, pedagogically-sound, practical answers to 95 questions that educators are asking about CCSS and English language learners (ELLs)/emergent bilinguals (EBs). Educators can...
- Turn to this guide as a quick reference
- Use expert responses for syntheses of critical issues facing educators today, with suggestions for concrete action steps
- Focus and sustain professional learning about content, language, and literacy instruction for bilingual and English language learners
- Guide site-based projects on curriculum development, language policy and planning, and authentic assessment and accountability systems for diverse learners
- Turn to additional resources on the Caslon Community to support your work.
Be sure to go to the table of contents to see the list of questions and experts - it's a veritable who's who in the field!