As a professor
Professors can use this book to
- Find clear and concise answers to specific questions about Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in relation to other state standards, with attention to English language learners (ELLs) and emergent bilinguals (EBs).
- Structure a university class for educational leaders (including superintendents; mid-career doctoral program; and school-based district, regional, and state administrators and directors) focusing on relevant issues, chapters, questions, and responses.
- Bring together pre-service and practicing teachers and administrators from the general education, literacy, and language education worlds, and use the CCSS to focus on the role of language in content learning for all students, particularly ELLs/EBs.
- Guide site-based projects on curriculum development, language policy and planning, and authentic assessment and accountability systems for diverse learners.
- Identify and pursue research questions and directions on language, literacy, education, equity, and leadership.
- Focus and sustain professional learning about content, language, and literacy instruction.